Saturday, February 7, 2009

Welcome to the Ditto Story Index!

Welcome to the Ditto Story Index (version 2)! In the tradition of having a website for people new to the Ditto Story, here is a website which, after some construction, will have up-to-date information for just about anything you need to know if you want to join in the Ditto Stories!

Here’s a brief overview of the site:

  1. Ditto Story Premise: While it’s not a summary, this page has a description of the basic “premise” of the Ditto Story, or, as I prefer to think of it, its heart.
  2. Tips for New Writers: As the title says, this is a list of tips, written by Dinklings (Ditto Story writers), for any writers interested in joining the Ditto Story.
  3. Character index: This page has a list of many (not all quite yet) of the characters from the Ditto Stories, including a link to their bio (if they have one) on NarniaWeb and some basic information, including the author you should contact if you’d like to use the character.
  4. Full Summary pages: The pages labeled “Full Summary” are summaries spanning an entire Ditto Story. At the moment, only the first five (The Ditto Club Murder Mystery, Nephews of the Count, Disappearance of the Ditto Rider, Battle for the Fountain, and Redemption) Ditto Story Summaries are complete, though I hope to see the other two up soon.
  5. "Summaries (Pages 1-5)”-type pages: These pages are from the more recent Ditto Stories. In Ditto Stories 6 and 7, authors were requested to begin summarizing their posts individually to make it easier for others to catch up with what was happening. These pages are designed to make it easier to read through the summaries if you don’t have enough time to read the posts. They’re labeled by post (posts labeled by author) and what pages they can be found on on NarniaWeb. If you want to read the posts themselves, the headers (“Page 1”, for example) are also links to the pages. :)

Note from Rya (yes, it's me; the only magenta shade is too bright to read ;) :(): Since this blog is still under construction, I'd like some help in setting it up from anyone who has time! Also, warning in advance: due to reconstruction on NarniaWeb, some of the links might be obsolete. I keep trying to fix them, but it keeps changing, so I'm having a hard time keeping up with it.

First off, like BB's index, I'd like to have some tips for writing, but I'd like to have tips from several sources, since there are a lot of different things about the Ditto Story people find important. I'll be PMing a few people whose insight I believe would be invaluable for a new member, but if you have anything you'd like to add, please PM or e-mail me.

Secondly, I'd like to go back and summarize all the stories; not necessarily every segment, but I'd like to touch on all the stories. If anyone has time for that, that'd be great!

Thirdly, for non-Dinklings: if you have any other questions about the Ditto Story that you'd like answered, please e-mail/PM them to me! I'm thinking of starting a FAQ page, not to mention I'd like to know what kinds of information people would like to have.

Fourthly, any suggestions for layout changes or anything like that would be greatly appreciated. Also...if anyone knows how to set up the template, that would be useful (there's a reason I always use the basic templates....*blushes*)

Thanks in advance! :)